Monday, February 20, 2012

Preview: MONSTER! Blog in the works...

Time for a new schedule for MONSTER! Blog. In keeping with my original fanzine from the late 80's to early 90's, I will have a new installment bi-weekly. The next issue of MONSTER! will become active this Saturday, February 25th. The main reason for this scheduling is that the articles are becoming either increasingly more complex (well, for me that is) or very long (as this next on is turning out to be).

In the interim I will set up some pages of posters and movies and links which I've either uncovered or find that I need to share.  An example is the clip above is from Cheung San Yee's Tawianese 1981 fantasy film THRILLING BLOODY SWORD. This film, and other of it's ilk, will be covered in the next installment of this blog with the working title of THE FOUR AUSPICIOUS ASPECTS OF TAIWANESE FANTASY.

As another fun bit of diversion I have also included the new season opener for my cable show LATE NIGHT VIDEO DOUBLE FEATURE which has been on air for 15 odd seasons between 1989-present. This is the video for the new season that begins in March. I'll also drop in the current "Sci-Fi February" opener as well. The show streams on a weekly basis on Justin.tv, as does HANUMAN THEATRE (my Bollywood show) and KUNG FU SPAGHETTI WESTERN DOUBLE TROUBLE THEATRE.


 
LNVDF SFebruary 2012


 
LNVDF Season 15 Opener


 
Hanuman Theatre

No comments:

Post a Comment